If I am taking lots of vitamins does it harm my bf baby? adult content

I am taking flaxseed oil, fish oil, prenatal, and 2000mg of Vit c a day. My son's pooping every other day or every third. It smells like vinegar and vitamins (gross!) to me. It is slimy. Could he be allergic to something I am eating? Is it the vitamins? Or is this normal at 4 months old?

cyarian

Asked by cyarian at 3:03 PM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would ask the doc about that. I know while ur breastfeeding the encourage you to continue your prenatal vitamins.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 3:48 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• You should continue a prenatal but you need to run it all past your doctor. You can take too much of any vitamin or supplement.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 4:35 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• THis is not normal and you really should ask the babys doctor about taking all those vitamins!!!!
    Bobbi111

Answer by Bobbi111 at 7:37 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Like the others said...Prenatals, yes...check the rest with the pediatrician. Also, check with the Dr. before taking any herbs, like St. Johns Wart or Ginko Boloba. They can harm a baby in utero, so they can't be good for a newborn either.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 10:09 PM on Jan. 15, 2011