What is the kindest thing anyone has done for you?

It may be difficult to place one particular kindness above the rest, but share something kind someone did for you that really touched your heart.

This most recent kindness comes to mind for me:  One of my cousins and I have sewn since we were kids. We were teens when our grandmother died. She left her old treadle sewing machine to my cousin (I was a rebellious pain at that time, but my cousin lived near Granny and visited often). My cousin rarely sews anymore, and knew I always admired Granny's sewing machine. I fondly remember watching her work the treadle with her feet as she sewed. Last week, my cousin gave me Granny's sewing machine. She said that she loved it, but knew I loved it more. No special occasion, no strings attached. Just because she knew I would treasure it. 

ss_mom

Asked by ss_mom at 3:16 PM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Just for Fun

• After I had DS my DH lost his job and things were really tight. we were doing the best we could. I had to go back to work and had no money for a pump so I was formula feeding. I was relying primarily on The PEd and free samples so I wouldn't have to buy as much. ( I was told I would not qualify for WIC because I was married and I was young and stupid and believed it instead of looking it up.) A co-work who remained unnamed,though I am almost certain I know who it was) Left 3 cans of formula and 2 boxes of infant cereal on our door step. The knocked and ran. I never saw who it was and they never mentioned it. This was 6 years ago and still sticks out in my mind as one of the kindest actions ever sent in my direction.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:20 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• That is sooo sweet! I almost cried- b/c I lost my beloved Grandparents almost 2 yrs ago, & anything of theirs that I have is very much treasured! My Gma made a photo album for me a few years back for a Christmas present. It went from my baby days to the days when I had a baby. She even had kept the calendar pages from when my boys were born! It was huge & had blank pages so that i could add to it. I love it!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 3:22 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• i had a secret santa. One year my dh and I were both struggling to make ends meet, he lost his job, and i was making 8$ an hr. We never talked about our struggles, but I guess some of our friends who would come over knew. Our stove broke, our ceiling fell in, and our bathroom pipes started leaking all in one weeks time, then we ran out of oil. well it was the beginning of december and I was working, I went out to my car to go home and there was my 1993 mercury tracer filled with wrapped presents. some for us, some for the kids and just a note, Saying 'santa heard we could use a little help this year' (still to this day I put the card out and read it over and cry) in those presents were an electric compact counter top range, a beautiful roaster, toaster oven, nonperishable food for our xmas dinner, a gift card to our local food store and some toys that the kids wanted. I still to this day have no idea who it was.

JOR_HAIL

Answer by JOR_HAIL at 3:30 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• LOL this just happened to us this morning...as many of you knoe we had to put our dog down this week and our daughter has been writing pics to Jack and labeling them to JACK IN HEAVEN and leaving them for the post women to grab...not only did these women take them and say they would deliver them but they took the letter to their supervisor and i was told the next day after she had given me the letter back to expect a package for Anna soon. This morning the postal supervisor himself dropped a package off fro her it said on the front to Anna from Jack in Heaven and enclosed was the most beautiful note from jack saying he had got to Heaven safely, how beautiful it was and how nice he was being treated and how much he missed Anna and our family, also enclosed was a book aboout a dog going to Heaven and a new stuffed dog that looked remarkedly like our dog...Anna trurlu believes this came from jack and I will be FOREVER greatful!
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 3:48 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Had something to share.....my story pales in comparison to these others. So glad you all shared!!!!!
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 4:06 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• My friends, who are sisters, came to my house and cleaned it from top to bottom when I was in the hospital. They didn't call my husband, they waited until the kids were at school, and they came in and cleaned. I came home after 4 days in the hospital to a wonderfully clean house and a roast in the oven. They denied doing it for the longest time, but I knew who did it. Yeah, we love them to death!
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 5:51 PM on Jan. 15, 2011