Anyone else tired of rental scams!

We are looking to buy in August but until then we want to move to a larger apartment/townhome rental. All I seem to find are scams! Like a home listed at a great rental price and when I google map it I find it is actually for sale not rent wth?

mslksdh

Asked by mslksdh at 3:27 PM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Use a well known site such as Rent.com
    softchick21

Answer by softchick21 at 3:31 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• The houses could be for sale but are also being considered for a rent to own option.
    gumby11883

Answer by gumby11883 at 4:27 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I think it is unfare, but keep looking.
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 3:30 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I have yet to see an actual townhome for rent on rent.com, just apartments. Maybe I am looking in the wrong place?
    mslksdh

Comment by mslksdh (original poster) at 3:33 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Call them up anyway, some people are holding their homes for rent, lease to own, and sale in hopes of getting rid of it faster without losing it to Forecloser. Also, get a hold of a Realtor, they have connections to rentals and the good ones don't charge you they are paid from the person who owns the home.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 4:50 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Check out realtor.com--select Rentals under home type and your zip code/area

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:17 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Wonder if some of it is just error on who is listing the homes. I own a home so I would not know for sure about the scams.
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 10:19 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I never saw any of that when I was looking for a place to live. We found our house we're renting through craigslist.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:49 AM on Jan. 17, 2011