How much do you think is too much time for tweens to be on video games, computer, or watching tv?

JOR_HAIL

Asked by JOR_HAIL at 3:35 PM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• More than 2 hours is too much. I'd limit them an hour a day during school days so they don't spend their life on the comp. They need to be active and go out and be kids.
    BlueAngel626

Answer by BlueAngel626 at 3:39 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• in the summer/dpring/fall my kids wont come in the house! but every winter seems like they are wanting to be inside on these games, n tv more and more.
    JOR_HAIL

Comment by JOR_HAIL (original poster) at 3:51 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• More then two hours in one sitting.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:45 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I made the rule that they have to read first... and for however long they read that is how long they get to watch tv, play video games.. etc.
    So 1 hour of reading gets them one hour.... works pretty good!!
    violetmarie

Answer by violetmarie at 11:37 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I don't limit TV unless they are fighting over it or ticking me off in some other way. There's not much else to do in the winter when it's cold and rainy outside. But I limit video games. The xbox and stuff because it hogs the TV and only 1 or 2 can play at a time (there are 4 kids) so someone is always bored and whining. And the DSs because they leave the games all over and fight over them (there are 3 DSs and 4 kids...and I didn't buy any of them, they were all gifts).
    In the summer they self limit the TV since they spend most of their days outside playing with their friends.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:06 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• on school nights my son(9 years old) gets 2 hours total of computer/TV/video game time. On the weekend we bump it up to 3 hours total. I think if they are spending more then that it is too much
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 12:08 PM on Feb. 14, 2011