Serious pain when I walk??

I'm not pregnant or anything just to clarify.

When I move my left leg I have a shooting pain to the left of my coccyx until halfway down my thigh. It got better after I rested a little but then today I picked up my toddler and it got WAY worse to the point where it hurts so darn much to mvoe my leg. Is there anything I could have pulled there? I really can't go to the doctors. I don't have a good enough doctor and I don't think it's serious if it's only been here for 2 days... Docs round here take about 20 weeks to do anything about anything.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:37 PM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Health

• It best that you see a doctor for this so that they can tell what is wrong with you
    tinamarie1972

Answer by tinamarie1972 at 5:18 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Try to not pick up your toddler until the pain is gone. It could get worse.
    If it doesn't go away in a week, try to see a doctor.
    RedRowan

Answer by RedRowan at 6:28 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• That sounds exactly like you're pinching your cyatic nerve. I get those pains every now and then. It is nothing to worry about, although it is very painful, I know. It is much like spraining a muscle.. you need to rest the area and avoid activities that aggravate it until it works itself out. I've also found that doing some light yoga...mild stretching at most... it helps to relieve the pain and pressure on the nerve.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 7:47 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• you couldve pull a muscle or have a pinch nerves or a slip disc all of these cause leg symptoms you really need to see a doctor
    tammy372011

Answer by tammy372011 at 8:42 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• As much as you don't want to go to the dr's, when it comes to your back, you should always see a doc right away. I've worked in physical therapy for 6 years, and back patients have the hardest time to do anything. But, it could be a slipped disc or herniated disc.
    jalvarez626

Answer by jalvarez626 at 1:43 PM on Jan. 16, 2011