FREAKIN OUT! My two year old has a small tiny brown spot on her tooth taht wont come off, looks liek a tiny tiny hole, wth??

What could this be? A cavity already? She doesnt eat sweets. Is it fro her sippy cup? Calcium deficiency, will it go away? HELP?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:37 PM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• it could indeed be a cavity. My son had a ton of them in his baby teeth. I brushed two times a day, I limited sweets,and we saw the dentist every 6 months, but he continued to get them. His dentist said it could be due to a combination of two things. It appears that my son has weaker enamel on his baby teeth and he is a grazer when he eats. Grazing keeps the acidity level high in the mouth, therefore creating an atmosphere that encourages cavities. If your child is a grazer and has weak enamel, it could be inevitable for cavities.
    Now that my son has his adult teeth, we aren't seeing caviites. I can tell you, I am relieved.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 3:42 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I am not a dentist but I don't think it's going away on it's own. These things happen, just find a good dentist and take their advice.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 3:45 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• My son had several cavities from his sippy cup when he was younger. As a first time mom, I really just let him have it all the time, usually with juice. I learned the hard way not to do that....

Take him to the dentist. :) Since I have fixed my mistake he has not had anymore....I felt like a terrible mom, but I did what I thought was best.... :(
    Anonymous

• They are baby teeth!! They will loose them.Permanent teeth are what you can worry about.Watch tooth paste with small kids,too many times kids use too much toothpaste.A 3 year old ate a tube of kids toothpaste and died from it.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 4:01 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Take them to the dentist. I had a child in my preschool whose parent ignored the cavities, and it ended up hurting her so bad they had to pull all her baby teeth on the top at age 3. That's up to three years she had to go without teeth until they naturally started growing back in. They may be able to put something on it, and just encourage less sippy cup, and not sleeping with a sippy cup or bottle.
    Ms.Wendy83

Answer by Ms.Wendy83 at 4:09 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Take her to a dentist. Why are you asking us?
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:43 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• They will loose them.Permanent teeth are what you can worry about.

If you ignore them, they may have to pull all the baby teeth way before permenant teeth come in....and also it can be painful...and also, it can damage your gums....

GEEZ....why would you ignore your kids problem?
    Anonymous

• IM NOT IGNORING ANYTHING I CALLED DENTIST RIGHT AWAY!! FOR ALL TEH MOMS THAT ARE BASHING NOW I SEE WHY MOST PPL HATE CAFEMOM! DONT YOU HAVE ANYTHING BETTER TO DO THAN TO BASK PEOPLE?!

to teh rest. Thanks everyone i called teh dentist right when i saw it and shes gonan me seen first thing Monday.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:16 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Your best bet is a pediatric dentist if at all possible. Makes it easier on the kids and they specialize in this type thing. My son chipped one of his front teeth when he was just short of 2 so I can appreciate the concern. Reminding yourself it's just a baby tooth helps a bit! Good luck!
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 7:32 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I understand. I am freaking out a bit myself I just noticed that my four year old has several spots on his teeth and I am going to call a dentist ASAP, I just want to make sure I find the best one for kids that will take my insurance! I too feel like a failure !!
    imissthe90schik

Answer by imissthe90schik at 9:47 PM on Jan. 15, 2011