I know probably a stupid question but i would like some help for thanksgiving thanks

alright this is my first thanksgiving cooking usually my mom would yell and say get out of her kitchen lol i know how to do pretty much everything except the turkey and the green bean cassorole(SP?) can anyone help me?

iloveyall2008

Asked by iloveyall2008 at 12:04 AM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Use a cooking bag for the turkey! It's the easiest way, imo! Green bean casserole is easy, the French's fried onions will have a recipe on the label.

Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 12:09 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I've never tried a turkey in a bag, but I hear they come out decent.. I just roast it regulary, I don't stuff it but I slather it with sage butter (chopped sage, room temp butter, lots of salt & pepper), in the cavity, under the skin, everywhere.. and cover it with foil until about the last 1/2 hour so it can brown. And yeah, you'll find the green bean casserole recipe on fried onion label, or cream of mushroom soup label.. it's hard to mess that up. Don't worry, you'll do great!
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 12:13 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• lol thanks ill look for it i havent got anything yet so ya it probably is there on the back lol and thanks for the help with the turkey .. i just dont wanna mess it up lol i know SO wont make fun of me but still lol
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 12:16 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Yeah, we just follow the recipe on the back of the onions for the GB casserole. I've done the turkey in the bag thing, too, and it turned out really moist and tender. Now we just do a turkey breast in the slow cooker since we don't need a huge turkey. I like my turkey with sage and rosemary on it. Only problem with the slow cooker is it doesn't get crisp on the outside but, so far, no complaints from the family. It was so tender that my youngest at it all up her first Thanksgiving and she was only 7 1/2 months old (her first real meal...and she fed herself).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:20 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I have never done the turkey, My friend deep frie's it, but I have a great Green bean cas. recipe if u would like it, I don't do the one on the onion label because i don't like onions, Mine has Green beans, corn, cheese, cracker's but if u want the recipe let me know and i will give it to ya it is really good and easy!!
    supermomof924

Answer by supermomof924 at 12:24 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• green bean casserole is super easy. this is to make a large casserole dish full:

4 cans french cut green beans (drained)
    1 large can cream of mushroom soup
    3-4 tablespoons worchestershire sauce
    1 can french fried onions

in a bowl, mix green beans, soup and worchestershire sauce together. dump out in casserole dish and spread evenly with a spoon. top with french fried onion and bake about 25 min at 350* or until bubbly.
    ivelostmyself

Answer by ivelostmyself at 12:30 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Can you deep fry the turkey? Thats the best and also the most simple way to make a turkey (because the guys usually do it)!!!!!
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 12:32 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I don't know about the casserole but Martha Stewart has an AMAZING recipe for a turkey on her website and it's really easy. You just cover the bird with a cheesecloth and baste it with a mixture of white wine and butter. Good luck cooking!
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 12:34 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• no we cant deep fry it we dotn have much lol but a stove we have lol and ya id love your recipe ...
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 12:36 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• IMO my mom has been using the Reynolds oven bag for 35 years and it keeps in the moisture. It tells you in the box how long to cook and even recipes. It is a a good idea to use a bag your first time.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 12:42 AM on Nov. 13, 2008