OMG!! It was asked that I be replaced as PTO Board Member

My kids go to a Charter School. This is a brand new campus, brand new PTO from bottom up. I was the only one that raised their hand for PTO president. So, I of course I won. And now, this year, We have had no board meetings. This board can't meet. They want to do business via email or conference call. And it was suggested that I cancel the meetings because only 3 out of the 5 members could make it. We had one General Meeting, which most of the 17 people that came thought was terrible. Apparently. Although, I wonder if they were asked or just offered their opinion. Anyhow, One of these ladies on the board suggested I be replaced by someone else with more "President" Experience. I wonder what she thought I was going to say. I said, I second that. Looked at the VP and asked Doyou want to be President. I didn't quit the board. After which she gladly accepted.......... OMG!! My feelings are so hurt!! I am embarrassed!!! I wish someone would have offered more advice than cancel the meetings. Please someone tell me I am not the only one this has happened to!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:45 PM on Jan. 15, 2011 in

• Just keep doing what you are doing. They can elect someone else next year and by then you will have experience so they may want you to stay on.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:48 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• You tried. Let them find out how hard the job really is.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 5:57 PM on Jan. 15, 2011