Who should claim on taxes?

My BF makes really good money and payes all the bills. I gave up my full time job at the end of my pregnancy and moved to where he lives especially so he could be a part as well. I was told by 3 different docs I could never have a baby, however we proved them wrong. I work part time as a server, 3-6 hours M-F. I spend most of my money on my child for all of his needs and for everything else. He's claiming head of household which is fine, but is it fair that he's also claiming our son on his taxes instead of me claiming him when I pay for everything for our child and all his medical bills? What's the right thing to do?

BlueAngel626

Asked by BlueAngel626 at 3:49 PM on Jan. 15, 2011 in General Parenting

• Are you guys not going to share the tax check at all?
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 3:52 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• We'll share it. However last year I got back almost $5,000 and the year before that he only got back an extra $2,000 claiming him. He's so stubborn.
    BlueAngel626

Comment by BlueAngel626 (original poster) at 3:53 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Could you maybe put it into tax act.com, it's super easy program, and see who would get more, that way maybe he'll understand that you should claim him!
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 3:55 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• And ps, you don't have to submit it do use the program you can just go through the steps and see what you'd get. GL
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 3:57 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Thank you.
    BlueAngel626

Comment by BlueAngel626 (original poster) at 3:58 PM on Jan. 15, 2011