Have you ever had a false negative reading on a home pregnancy test? What do you think caused it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:58 PM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• I did. I took it too early.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 4:03 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• with my 1st child i had a false negative . i was 2 months along and my at home pregnancy tests kept coming up negative, i went to the dr and he gave me a blood test which came back positive. The reason behind it was that everyones hcg levels are different and if they are low sometimes a urine test cant pick it up
    MsBrazil86

Answer by MsBrazil86 at 4:29 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I'm starting to get my hopes up again. (Maybe that's not such a good thing.) I'm always very regular, but I'm late this month so I was really hoping to be pregnant. The negative test was very disappointing. I have one four year old daughter and we've been trying again for almost two years- two miscarriages and about 9 months of nothing.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:35 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• The timing on the tests are really important. And yes I did get a false reading on one and decided to take it again because I was pretty sure I was and needed to confirm it for sure.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 4:45 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I got a false negative and then i waited 2 days to take another one and i got a light pink faint line every 48 hours your HCG levels double up and then after i got that faint line i waited another 3 days and got a darker line so i would wait another 2 to 4 days to test again .Good Luck to you i hope you get the results you want =)
    alexia_09

Answer by alexia_09 at 5:36 PM on Jan. 15, 2011