Would you still be interested in having a baby if your husband did not want to have sex every night during your peak fertility time...and you made it clear to him that this was your "time" adult content

We have been trying for almost one year now. It has occurred to me that my husband is just too freaking lazy. He is just never in the mood to have sex. Thats why we can't have a baby. During my ovulation time this past month i let him know and we had sex that night and of course he was tired the next night. i was lucky to get some the following night. From all the info i've collected you should have sex the first 3 nights you think you are ovulating and then every other night for the next week. I just feel like he isnt that into it or maybe he is just stupid. Its really starting to turn me off. Do we still have a chance with his lacking sex drive? or should i really just call it quits with the baby plans since he doesnt seem to be as devoted as me? I mean, am i wrong? who cares if you are tired. if you want a baby out of it..you would still try. i'm not asking for an hour of sex every night. sorry for all the bitchin

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:10 PM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Do you think maybe trying so hard is taking the fun out of it?? Sometimes it just becomes somethign to make a baby and not about intimacy and ppl get stressed out about that
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 4:16 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• well i quit trying over the summer and just decided to start back this month. i did quit trying for about 5 months i would say. I'm frustrated now because it never happend. Everyone said "quit trying so hard and it will happen"..well, thats what i did. i took my mind off of it. didnt buy not one pregnancy test, no opks..nothing. I'm ready to try again.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:21 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• You should definitely still be interested in having a baby. Perhaps insemination is the answer since he is not up to sexual relations the old fashion way. The stress might be just too much for him. You seem to be pretty angry about this. Does not make it condusive to good sex.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 4:35 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Look at it this way .... you're turning the fun and joy of sex into a chore. Who is turned on by a chore? Certainly not any man that I know.
    I understand that you want to get pregnant and that is great, but if you put too much into it you're only stressing everyone out. Including yourself, which can lead to you not concieving. Just relax and have sex when the moment is right.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:37 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Are you sure he wants to have a baby?? Maybe he is a little freaked out that sex isn't just for fun anymore but he has to "perform" during these certain times. Try spicing it up in the bedroom and see if he responds. Ask him how he feels about it but be prepared to accept his answer.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 4:39 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• i've tried many times before not telling him that it was time and he just goes straight to bed...the past 5 months we've had lots of fun, no stress at all, i havent looked at any calender, havent payed attention to my body at all..and nothing..(we were lucky to have sex once a week) he just comes home from work, watches 30 mins of tv and is ready to go to sleep. he works all day and is too tired. He agreed that if it didnt happed by the time we got our tax return back (probably march) that he would go and get his sperm checked. i know he is not looking forward to that..so when i told him about it being my "peak time" this month he did try but it just didnt seem hard enough..am i the only one? how come all these other ladies have hubbys who are sex machines and mine can't keep up? i could have sex like 3 times a day, seriously..how come he can't do it but once a week? i'm serious..i was lucky to get it twice in a week.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:47 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• maybe we'll get a baby out of it..idk.
    Anonymous

• Sperm lives an average of three days. If you can hit right when you ovulate it shouldn't matter if he's tired the next night. Every other night should be fine. Perhaps after a year of trying he's feeling like sex is more of a chore. Take the focus off getting pregnant and make sex enjoyable again. Next time that it's your time, don't announce it to him. Break out the strawberries and whipped cream and seduce him. When you are doing the deed remind yourself and him of how great it feels to run through the motions.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:29 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Have you tried just putting on some sexy new underwear, doing something to turn him on instead of telling him you are ovulating?

My DH gets VERY turned on by the idea that I'm ovulating but a lot of men don't. Try making him feel like the sex is ABOUT HIM. That YOU want him...not your egg. Make chocolate covered strawberries and feed them to him, make and serve dinner is JUST an apron and heels, have sex in the shower, have sex on the couch, try new positions and fore play. KEEP SEX EXCITING!!!

Also you said you've been TTC a year...Are you charting cervical mucus, cervical position and BBT?
    Anonymous

• i think i might be pregnant and me and my hubby do it once a month and not at my peak time.
    fairybells

Answer by fairybells at 12:44 AM on Jan. 16, 2011