Would you stay with your husband if he gave you an STD?

We've been having problems for a while and he never talked to me about his unhappiness until recently. Idk if the herpes could be from before we got married or not. So upset and confused. Not positive yet if it's herpes or not.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:18 PM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Health

• OMG WOW! If I knew for sure, Id sign divorce papers.
    JOR_HAIL

Answer by JOR_HAIL at 4:20 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Yes. The way I look at it, is that no matter who he/you got it from, the fact of the matter is that you've both been exposed to it, so why leave him if you're just going to have to expose someone else to the STD as well? If he's truly unhappy in the relationship, that's something completely different and should be discussed as a separate conversation.
    gumby11883

Answer by gumby11883 at 4:22 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I am pretty sure Herpes can lay dormant for years and could be from before you got married. I would talk to the doctor about the possibility of this and talk to DH about it as well. Maybe a good time to consider Marriage counseling if for nothing else but to get through this rough patch.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:22 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I don't care whether the STD came before or after, either way you obviously didn't know about it. So yes, that would be a time when I'd leave. An STD is nothing to play around with and it's not something I'd be willing to forgive so easily.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 4:26 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• i woud stay..i agree that any std can be dormant for years..and i also agree with gumby..why leave? it would be tought to find someone that would accept you with an std unless you don't plan on telling them..or unless they have it
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 4:27 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• If he just now transmitted them to you then it's most likely he contracted them from someone else recently. It is rare for a VD to lay dormant in a body for years (or even a single year) before acting up. They usually tend to act up within days or a couple of weeks after being contracted. I would definately question his fidelity and if he knew about it or not.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:29 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• wow, I would leave omg I hope it is not herpes there is NO CURE.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 4:34 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I think if he was involved with someone else and tried to hide it and then you realized you contracted it because he got it from someone else as punishment for doing what's wrong, I think I would definitely not stay in that relationship because it shows he took a big risk without considering the ramificatons of his actions.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 4:37 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Get the devorce papers ready and send him packing
    tinamarie1972

Answer by tinamarie1972 at 5:13 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• F NO! He would be out that door so damn fast and the divorce papers will follow right away.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:52 PM on Jan. 15, 2011