Has anyone ever separated from your husband rather than divorce right away?

Did things get better?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:21 PM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• I moved out in May and was divorced in January. Nothing changed so I went ahead w/ the divorce.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 4:22 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Yes. we seperated in october, he signed the papers in march, I sent them in, lawyer sent them back bc I didnt sign them lol but the following week we were back together. and still are.
    JOR_HAIL

Answer by JOR_HAIL at 4:25 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• My ex-husband and I were lived apart for about 7 months before he started dating someone new - but we still weren't divorced until nearly 3 years after he moved out
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 4:34 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Seperation is usually the first step. Often people end up getting back together.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 4:48 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Yeah, we seperated, we still haven't gotten the divorce and it is going on 4 years being apart. Only reason we haven't yet is money issues. Hopefully this year it will be done!
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 4:57 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I have not, but I have had family members who have. My parents separated twice, the 1st time was for 2 months and they did get back together. Then 10 years later they separated, but this time for good and did end up divorcing. My sis asked her husband for a separation, he moved out and was out of the house almost 3 years by the time the divorce went thru.
    Anonymous

• We were separated for several years and no we did not get back together,even after counseling. We were divorced last July.
    momofne

Answer by momofne at 10:05 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I have been separated for eight years, that was in 2002 when we separated. Still married but have moved on. He had got sick and felt it best to be by himself. So I let him go he asked me not to divorce so i haven't Not that I am in a hurry to be in another relationship. Sometimes you do things out of love for that person and that is what I have done. Was it hard yes but that saying love enough to let go well that is what I have done. do I regret the not divorcing him no. We have nothing but time anyway in life and one simple request from the father of my son has not been that difficult to keep. Do I see us ever together again no, why because his illness has gotten worse and the ex wife is playing wife and I am just glad he's being taken care of.
    Ozaki48

Answer by Ozaki48 at 10:15 PM on Jan. 20, 2011