are you on a strict food budget

and do you ever get irritated that you can only buy so much....

I get depressed when I have just $60 to buy what I need and there is so much more on sale that I could really use but it just isn't in the budget so I have to pass those things up. like this week there's a ton of coupons and could save a ton of money but I have so very little to work with that I have to pass it all up

alotleft2do

Asked by alotleft2do at 4:46 PM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Yeah this week I had fifty dollars normally I have 100 every two weeks. Thats why I am working more hours for that and because going to the movies once every two months.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:54 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I know exactly what you mean. It's very stressful and depressing being strapped so tight financially. I usually shop with about $80-$100 a week and that has to include diapers, wipes, cleaners, toiletries, etc.

My daughter asks for things at the grocery store and just about every time I have to tell her "not this week." I just keep telling her one day it won't be like this. Plus, I try to give us both a little perspective and remember that having sweets or chips is not what matters and there are alot of people in this world who would be tremendously thankful to just have 1 good meal a day. It could always be worse.
    amyb99

Answer by amyb99 at 5:08 PM on Jan. 15, 2011