Toddler not staying in bed.....help

please help.. My two n a half year old gets out of his bed every night. As well as me having to lay on the side o him to get him to fall asleep. I love the mommy me bond. However I need to complete other tasks with my other children.

miraclemom914

Asked by miraclemom914 at 4:47 PM on Jan. 15, 2011 in General Parenting

• Well, on Supernanny she talks about taking the child back to the bed over and over.........calmly and with no talking........once the bedtime routine is finished. It can take a long time and several nights before the child realizes no one will give in. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:52 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• With my one son we put a gate at the door. For a couple of nights he fell asleep on the floor by the gate. He would get out of bed and just sit there and talk to himself for awhile. After awhile I guess he finally figured out his bed was more comfortable. My other son, on the other hand, that did not work for. I had to lay with him every night. I started just sitting on his bed, then on the floor, then by the door and then the hallway. Now he falls asleep by himself. It probably took 3 to 4 weeks.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 4:59 PM on Jan. 15, 2011