Do you have a memory foam matress (like tempurapedic) If so need opinions

We are in desperate need of a new matress & leaning toward a memory foam one. What is your experience w/ them? Will I finally be able to wake up pain free?

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 4:54 PM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I was happy with just the three inch mattress topper! I would kill for the actually mattress lol.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 5:01 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• yeeeesssss Its like sleep in a cloud mine is a cheap one but feel as good as the original I even sleep more.
    gou18

Answer by gou18 at 4:57 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• We have had one of these for about 8 years and love it.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 5:04 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• We did a lot of shopping around and research before we bought our new mattress. We decided to go with all natural latex foam instead. The reason being: we like to keep our room a little cooler, and all the research we did said memory foam has a tendency to "firm up" a bit in cooler temps. Latex foam doesn't do that as bad. Also, after laying on a million different mattresses, both memory and latex foam, we just found the latex foam to be softer. The memory foam was way too hard for my liking. Yes, even the pillow top ones. I'm very happy with our decision, and can honestly say after years of back pain, I haven't woke up sore since we got the new mattress.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 5:09 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• We have one. Love it! Our room is cold and it does firm up, but gets normal after laying in it. I loveeeeeee this bed!
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 5:16 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I do not know about pain free but I love it.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 4:55 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I have a memory foam body pillow and I hate it! When we went shopping for memory foam mattresses a begged my husband not to get one. They are so uncomfortable to me.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:22 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• We bought a memory foam mattress and ended up returning it. It wasn't as comfortable as the floor model was, we would wake up with sore backs, it was hot, and I was pregnant and had a hard time turning over in bed because it was so soft.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 5:31 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• my husband LOVES it and I deal with it...

I would personally prefer a nice thick pillow-top mattress
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:08 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I got just a memory foam topper bec we're getting a new bed soon. I had back surgery in March and even just that little piece of foam for now had been like heaven to me. I can not wait to go out and try out new mattresses bec of my back. Four screws in your back makes for an uncomfortable nights sleep with the wrong mattress.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 8:08 PM on Jan. 15, 2011