what is wrong with me!?

I can't stand my children. they never listen to me I have to tell them over and over again to do thing even with a firm voice and they don't listen to me. I swear that somedays I want to be the crap out of them but I don't cause I know I would loose control so I put them in their room until I am calm down. I really don't know why it is this way now! I just had a baby and it seems that my other children just bug the hell out of me. I am not getting any sleep ( about 4 hours a day) the more my children misbehave the more I feel I am going over the edge. MY husband suggested spanking them cause they never listen even when I tell them three or more times. I physically have to walk over and show them what to do. I don't feel like myself and this is te first time this has happen to me. I have never felt this way, I am just not happy with how my children are they fight like wild animals, they don't listen. What makes me upset is whenever dad is home they listen to him as soon as he says something but that isn't for me. They walk all over me and I just don't konw what to do anymore :( Please advise I want to go back to be normal loving mommy and not putting my children in there room all day long cause they aren't listening. my 3 year olds are driving me nuts!!!! Please No Bashing

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:04 PM on Jan. 15, 2011 in General Parenting

• 3 yr olds.......what you are experiencing with them is NORMAL!!
    Take a deep breath, get down to their level and if you are trying to get them to do something like clean their room....do it in simple steps. Calmly ask them to do one step at a time. Some of us forget that they are as young as they are and bog them down with to many or overwhelming instructions.
    Find someone who can come over and watch your children so you can nap. Have your husband watch the children and plan a girls night out.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:03 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I think we have all been there..... why not check out

parentsanonymous.org they have a support group for parents at their wits end and I have been to them and they are wonderful! and you get the support you need

for now try some Valerion Root it is an all an natural root that comes in a capsule and it very calming you can only find it where you find the vitamens
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 5:10 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• There's nothing wrong with you! Nothing at all, we all go through these stages especially during the sleep deprivation stages!! If you can, at all, try to take a small break from them and trust me you'll realise how much you miss them (even for an hour or two) and you'll appreciate them so much more once you see them again. Also just remember that you're always doing the best job you can, maybe start putting them into time out and trying to enforce discipline more. I know it's hard though with a new baby. Good luck!!
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 5:09 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• First how old are your children?? If they are listening to Dad that means they are capable of listening, period. Obviously they see you as a push over, I personally don't see anything wrong with spanking your children. However that may not even be effective. Try seperating them, grounding them, My daughter HATES when I make her sit out on the porch when she misbehaves, it's not like her room where she can play, she just has to sit there. I make her explain what she did wrong and sometimes I even make her decide her own punishment.. Dads are generally more scary because of their voice, but mine knows when I'm getting upset by the look on my face, or the change in my voice and generally straightens up.
    MommaHerring

Answer by MommaHerring at 5:10 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• You need help. It is too much for you right now. It is nothing to be ashamed of. It happens to many. What is good is that you recognize it and want to change it. Can get someone to come in as a mother's helper? Can they visit with a relative or friend a day or two a week. Can you send them to morning preschool. Something has to be done to give you a break.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 5:11 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• It sounds like you have your hands very, very full. Sounds normal too. I remember those days--VERY stressful!! Congratulations on the new baby. You could use a mother's helper. I had a friend's teenage daughter come over to play with the older child after my second child was born. Maybe Dad can take the kids out on the weekend to give you a break. I wish I lived by you so I could give you a hand with those kids. : )
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 5:11 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• hugsYou poor thing- I hope you get the rest & the help you need. Other than what these other wise mamas have said, I suggest watching some episodes of Super Nanny! She has some great techniques.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:23 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Loosing sleep is definitely not good...I know personally....it does make you a totally different person...you need help from friends or family right now..
    Ktbugsmom22

Answer by Ktbugsmom22 at 5:31 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Hang in there, try to get some help, try to get some time away from the kids.
    Plan a time when you know you will be feeding the baby, and put on a movie for the older kids, or have them each pick out a book to show you and "read" with you. Snuggle the older kids when you can stand them. A new baby is hard on everyone. It's an adjustment.

As the baby gets a little bigger, things will definitely get a little easier.
    RedRowan

Answer by RedRowan at 6:13 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• You need to get some rest first and foremost. Over the weekend make your hubby take over. Get some sleep! Next, use a different method of discipline. You may need to step it up a notch. If you do spank, do not do it while you feel out of control. If you feel out of control most of the time during the day with them, go to your doc and get something to level you out. You are probably having some horomone issues, being that you just had a baby.
    Bennett121

Answer by Bennett121 at 1:34 AM on Jan. 16, 2011