Does this sound like a good idea?

Were renting an apartment and my children love to color and right on the side walk with chalk. Well with all the snow we haven't been able to do this so I was thinking about creating my own chalk board. I was going to buy some wood about the size of the a bedroom window, getting chalk paint and creating our own board. We aren't allowed to paint in our home so I thought it would be nice and we can take it with us when we move. would you do it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:07 PM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• That paint will make you sick if you can't open any windows.  Here is a link showing how to make a chalkboard and you can get the low odor paints.  Friends just did this in their home.  Make sure you use sand free grout and mix it with a little paint before adding it to the big container of paint so it dissolves well.  And you do not need to condition the chalkboard like they say.  Our friends just let the kids start writing on it.  Have fun!

http://www.ehow.com/how_2095787_make-chalkboard-paint.html

elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:54 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Sound like a great idea.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:09 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Yup, good idea. :-)
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 5:09 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Sure. Great idea!
    amyb99

Answer by amyb99 at 5:11 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Go for it! When my son was a toddler I had him paint on the sliding glass door outside.
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 5:17 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Sounds good but supervise them so they don't get carried away and draw on the walls by accident.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 6:04 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• great idea
    a_brown23

Answer by a_brown23 at 12:38 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Sounds like fun!
    JZ10FPM

Answer by JZ10FPM at 1:14 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Definitely a great idea~ It means your not painting, and lets the kids be creative as they like!
    JakeysMommy0127

Answer by JakeysMommy0127 at 4:39 PM on Jan. 16, 2011