you know how if you have a job and a family member watches your kids you can apply for the state to pay them every week

well i'm job hunting as of right now, my sister is available to watch my daughter. where do i apply so she can get paid

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:21 PM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Money & Work

• Here you go through DFACS. She would have to go through a home study and interveiw to be approved to keep her for pay from the State.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:22 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I believe that each state is different. In Alaska the office was called "child care assistance"
    shareleann

Answer by shareleann at 5:23 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• In my state that program is called Care for Kids, and it's kind of hard to get.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 5:25 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I live in Fl and all they give here is $10 a day per kid and you have to jump through hoops to get it plus, the person watching the child has to claim it as earned income on their taxes.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 5:29 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I've looked into this but you have to actually have a job before they even let you apply.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:30 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• yeah i know you need a job first.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:37 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Which is just funny because well, what are you supposed to do until it kicks in? I wish they had a 1 month job hunt/interview time frame or something!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:40 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Basically, she has to be considered a LICENSED provider.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 5:43 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• ik she'll watch her for free til it kicks in. she adores my daughter. all i'm wondering is where to apply
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:46 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• It's only if you don't make enough money to offset the childcare, and your income needs to be at a certain level. It's not an automatic thing that all moms get who work.
    SherriPie

Answer by SherriPie at 9:44 PM on Jan. 15, 2011