Does anyone use the show "What would you do?" as a teachable moment?

My 8 y/o dau actually enjoys watching that show w/ me & we discuss what we'd do in certain situations. I think it helps enforce morals, values & human kindness. What do you think?

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 5:31 PM on Jan. 15, 2011 in General Parenting

• Always. Its easier to make a decision when you try to picture yourself or your family/friends in that situation. LOVE that show!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:32 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Yes I also watch that show with my kids. My kids were very surprised to see how sometimes their race and sex will play a role in how people look at them and treat them. Thank God they haven't experienced racism yet. I didn't really experience it until I was a teenager. But seeing it on the show at times helped me teach them that it isn't everyone. But there are a few and if it happens. There is nothing wrong with them. But just the other person. I love that show and every week I am pausing it explaining something to them. So yes it can be used as a teaching moment about life and people.
    True_Gator_77

Answer by True_Gator_77 at 6:50 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• yes i find it interesting
    stressedoutgran

Answer by stressedoutgran at 8:21 PM on Jan. 15, 2011