If DH is a IV... are you kind of obligated to a V?

It's Amon Bernard. Not horrible but I was kind of set on something else... DH is kind of staying out of it...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:51 PM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Baby Names

• I don't think so. That's one I always said when I had kids- they were not going to be named after either parent.
    Shell89

Answer by Shell89 at 5:53 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• If it's not important to you or your husband, then there's no reason why you'd need to use the name.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 5:55 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I've heard a lot of horror stories of mix ups when it comes to naming sons after their fathers. (Esp, w/ social security & credit reports) I would reconsider, and use your husb's 1st or middle name as your child's middle name. Congrats on the new little bundle :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:55 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Thats up to you. If you are naming your ds the exact same name then Id add the V. But if you are asking if its necessary to even have a V then thats ur call. I personally know that if I had a ds he would not be named after dh. Not bashing those that do but Id rather choose a new name for my new baby. To each his own! GL
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:58 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• My dad was suppose to be a Wood V ... My papaw and me maw didn't want to do it. Theynamed him woody Michael. No hurt to anyone
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 6:11 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Nope! It is YOUR child and you can name him anything that you wish.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 6:27 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I think it would be up to your husband.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 6:06 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I pretty much agree with everyone else. You aren't obligated to do anything. Naming your child is up to you and your husband, not just you. And from the way it sounds, your husband doesn't really care if it's named after him or not. Naming your child should be something that you both agree on and something that you both like. I don't like the idea of naming my children after my their father or me. Maybe you can give your child their own first name that you and your husband like and then give your child their father's first name as a middle name.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 6:27 PM on Jan. 15, 2011