• In the Spotlight:

Does the age have anything to do with the advice/suggestions?

To the older mothers on the site...Do you ever read an answer from a young mom and think that what they are saying is immature or just wrong? Wrong meaning not the right answer not wrong meaning bad. lol Do you ever think..."She doesnt know what shes talking about! Shes only 19!!" Can you give an example of a ? you read that had a redic answer from a non seasoned mom?

Steph319

Asked by Steph319 at 5:55 PM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I do think that, at 51, I have some experiences a 19 yo mom hasn't had the opportunity to have. My child rearing days are almost behind me. I am on to granddaughter. I do know if she is talking about doing something that just doesn't work. It isn't that I, or others, are out of touch. We've just already been there.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:14 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• No. I've seen some "older" moms give some horrible advise. I've also seen some younger moms give great advise as well.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:56 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• No because i was a 19 year old mother advice is advice when its needed who cares what age the person is who gives it if it helps or provides comfort another mom who needs it.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:59 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Who do you consider older? Over 30,40,50?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:57 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I dont think they are wrong. I just think they havent had enough life experience or something like that. We all have to learn on our own.

Answer by gemgem at 5:57 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I am a 36 y/o Mom with 4 kids and I don't ever even look or think about the age. I never even go to see how old they may be. People are different, some younger Mom's are more mature that the older Mom's and have more sense. I just listen to the replies I get when I ask a question.
    luvmy4kidsinAL

Answer by luvmy4kidsinAL at 5:59 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• for me no.. i wouldnt want someone that i gave advice to ignoring it completely JUST because of the fact im only 20. I think it depends a great deal on experience..a mom of 3 who is 25 amy have better advice than a 40 yr old mom of ..

Experience over Age..
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 6:00 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• By older butterflyblue I just mean older than the poster when it comes to parenting experience. You could be 22 and the other mom be 44 with a child the same age. Thats diff. Im talking age gap with "higher" experience
    Steph319

Comment by Steph319 (original poster) at 6:03 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• if the advice is helpful to me I dont care if the person giving advice is 90 or 19
    gou18

Answer by gou18 at 6:06 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• well i am 19, and there are some questions that i havent experienced that i dont answer. although there are a lot of questions i have experienced that i do answer. i am a very mature 19 year old. I dont believe age defines anything, maturity does. :)
    mommy2be0611

Answer by mommy2be0611 at 6:06 PM on Jan. 15, 2011