Why arent there changing tables in the Mens Room???

It bugs the hell out of me. Why cant a dad take his infant/toddler somewhere without worrying about where/how theyre going to change them? It seems like a double standard. Like its MOMS job. What about all the single dads out there? Why should they resort to the backseat of the car or a park bench? Im sure a FEW places offer both but why not all?

Steph319

Asked by Steph319 at 6:27 PM on Jan. 15, 2011 in General Parenting

• I agree!
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 6:27 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Every place I have been to has a changing table in the mens room, according to SO.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 6:28 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I know! I guess they think its the women job to change the baby.... I think all bathrooms should have a changing table or at lease a family bathroom with one in it.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:28 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• There are in a lot of the mens rooms here. Also most places have family restrooms.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 6:28 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• All the places where I live and have traveled to have them in both. There was only one instance that there wasn't one in the men's room, but there wasn't one in the women's room either! Now, that pissed me off!!!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 6:29 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Wow, I'd never thought about that..seems kinda sexist..that's a good question
    Raccoon

Answer by Raccoon at 6:29 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

Good point! LOL Maybe there are but the "man rule" is to say there isnt so they dont have too!! hahah
    I work at a resaurant and only have on in the womans bathroom. And you see the signs on the door but not the mens room. Who knows? lol
    Steph319

Comment by Steph319 (original poster) at 6:30 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• A lot has family restrooms. I wouldn't want one in the men's room. I'd be afraid some idiot would pee on it thinking it was funny. Men can be so childish

Answer by admckenzie at 6:30 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Around here in most places there's a baby changing area in the disabled toilet.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 6:35 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• There is here

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:36 PM on Jan. 15, 2011