dying hair while pregnant ..

what do you think about it? i've heard that you cant, and i've heard that you can. Then i hear you can after your 1st trimester. so i dont know what to believe.

mommy2be0611

Asked by mommy2be0611 at 6:30 PM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I did it. I did in my 1st but before I even knew I was pregnant and then again towards the end of my my 2nd trimester.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:32 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I did throughout. Dr sid it was ok. They just say not to because the dye may not hold due to harmones. Same with a perm It will most likely fall out
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:32 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• you can. just be careful those hormones do crazy things with your hair so it may not come out the color that you wanted. same with perms sometimes they just wont take and for some they grab like never before! i had a perm and it took so fast she wasnt even done putting all the solution on and it never fell out i had to wait til my hair grew out.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 6:33 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I didn't do it with my first or second pregnancies, with my third I couldn't take it any more so I did dye my hair and instead of the normal color I get I got pink. I am not sure if it was hormons or just a bad batch that they got, it was not fun. I ended up having to use one of those shampoos that have dye in them.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 6:33 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• i did it at the end of my first trimester. well i did highlights and then towards the end of my 2nd trimester i did it again.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 6:40 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• It is safe. They say to wait till after your 1st trimester to let your body get use to the hormones. I waited till the 2nd trimester and there were no issues at all with the color or anything.
    Nienna7477

Answer by Nienna7477 at 6:41 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• safe
    AliciaLamoreux

Answer by AliciaLamoreux at 7:05 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• huh, well you asked a question that i always wondered, cause i have lots of grey hair and im only 24 so i need to dye mine i always thought it was bad, but since so many say it's not harmfull i will do this soon hopefully i need a ne makeover kinda lol! :)
    courtneycra

Answer by courtneycra at 7:34 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• if you go to an all organic store they have hair dye for pregnant women
    momofalltrades

Answer by momofalltrades at 7:37 PM on Jan. 15, 2011