Wet nurses?

Do they literally go to your house to feed your baby or do they make a supply for you to feed? Maybe they actually bf in hospitals but what about at home?

Steph319

Asked by Steph319 at 6:41 PM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I've known a rather rich family that had a live in wet nurse who was also their child's nanny.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 6:43 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• They do both. nurse your child and/or pump for you. I feel uncomfortable with the idea of someone else physically nursing my son BUT I do get breast milk for him from 2 mama b/c I was unable to nurse after months and hundreds of dollars worth of trying. It's all up to what you and the "donor" mama feels ok doing.
    Nienna7477

Answer by Nienna7477 at 6:44 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I don't know, I was always able to nurse my baby, so I'm not up on that subject. I'll bump you though.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 7:51 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• A wet nurse nurses the child, but there are many women who donate or sell their pumped milk. Donating is NOT the technical definition of a wet nurse though.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:56 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Looks like you got your answer. A wet nurse, nurses your child. Personally I don't think I'd be up to having someone else physically nursing my baby.
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 9:20 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• thats is gross yuck ! did the wet nurse get tested for HIV or STD's. the whole topic is disturbing. i just got goosebumps......
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 2:26 AM on Jan. 16, 2011