Could I have an STD?

So me and my husband were separated and I slept with one guy, one time. And then we decided to get back together. Now he wants me to get tested but I really don't think I need to. You can't an STD from kissing can you? And he wore a condom I know didn't break. I don't mind getting tested but it's not even possible is it? Also if I go to Planned Parenthood what do they even test for? It can't possibly be everything.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:06 PM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Health

• Doesn't matter if he wore a condom. There could have been a small break in it that wasn't noticeable.

The right thing to do would be to get tested!
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 7:08 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• You can get herpes... Yes. And if there's an open cut in the mouth you can get HIV. You can also get crabs from skin to skin contact...

I am sure there are more. So yes, you should get tested.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 7:09 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• It IS possible, although unlikely. As protection for him as well as yourself, it would be a good idea to get checked.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 7:17 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Yes you also have ADHD, Bipolar, schizophrenia, aids, gingivitis, hallitosis, hemmroids, and you are pregnant with 3 cats 2 dogs a zebra and a frozen fish.
    Anonymous

• condom helps to stop spread, but not 100%
    you could have gotten a STD
    and some have no symptoms

i would ask a partner before sleeping with
    and i will get tested before i were to have new partner
    it is the responsible thing to do
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 7:28 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Just test. :)
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 7:29 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Condoms don't stop everything. You can still get genital warts, herpes, crabs, etc from genital contact (the condom doesn't cover everything). I think even if just for peace of mind (for both of you), it's worth getting all the tests. It's very minor, blood tests and a simple swab of your cervix.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 7:32 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Musicpisces said EXACTLY what I was going to say! LOL

So I agree...get tested. If your DH was the one who had slept with someone, wouldn't you want him to get tested?
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 7:37 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Even if you are for sure in your mind, go ahead and get tested to be safe, and so you're dh will know too.
    KatrinaEaton

Answer by KatrinaEaton at 8:09 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• get tested.
    mwood108

Answer by mwood108 at 8:24 PM on Jan. 15, 2011