How dangerous is caffiene while around 26 wks prego?? How much is ok??

Ive read that too much caffiene can send you into early labor /: but how much is too much??

CrystalRaee

Asked by CrystalRaee at 7:31 PM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Pregnancy

• A small amount is ok like if you are used to drinking coffee have 1 cup instead of 2 or 3. If you must drink soda I would suggest you get Shasta brand because even the cola in that brand is caffine free.
    Anonymous

• I always limited myself to one can or cup a day if I did drink it
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 7:33 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Not only that, but it can slow fetal growth and development. It's recommended you stay below 200 mg a day, but I would go much lower. Also, if you breastfeed once you deliver, be aware that the half life of caffeine in an infant is about 70 hours, meaning if you consume it every day, it can build up in their system and really cause major sleep issues, which can lead to other problems. By the time they're 6 months old, it goes down to about 6 hours. Just interesting and useful info!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 7:35 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I agree with anon shasta is good none of their pop has caffine in it at all.
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 7:35 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• 16 oz's a day is what my OB told me. However, soda can make you constipated, especially when you're already dealing with pregnancy. You need to talk to your OB though, because they know your body better then we do.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:05 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I would be sure to limit caffeine because it can cause UTIs and Bladder infections. Maybe one a week.
    Shanrhobbs

Answer by Shanrhobbs at 8:49 AM on Jan. 27, 2011