What would you do & how would you feel if you were unable to have kids.

I can't imagine my life without my kids, i think it would break my heart if i were unable to conceive children. Kids bring so much love & happiness to our lives that i never even thought was possible until i had my own. I think if i were unable i would try to adopt at least.

iluvmykidsxoxo

Asked by iluvmykidsxoxo at 7:33 PM on Jan. 15, 2011 in General Parenting

• I was always worried about having fertility issues because my mom did, and her mom did. I ached to have a baby, and it took us two years of ttc to get pg with our oldest. I couldn't ovulate coming off the bcp and was anovulatory for almost a year, I did three clomid cycles and was delighted to be pregnant only to have a m/c at the end of the first trimester. I found out that I couldn't do anymore clomid because of problems with my ovaries diagnosed at the time of my m/c. Luckily we did go on to have three children... two with a little help from meds. I know I would not feel complete without children and we would have tried more advanced fertility treatments, and if those didn't work we would have looked at adoption.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 12:52 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• If I was unable to conceive I would be heartbroken but I would look into adopting.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 7:36 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I was told that I would not be able to get pregnant on my own, possibly not ever, but I got lucky and got pregnant once w/meds. I love my child dearly, but it has really been difficult over the years to watch other people have all the kids they want, & it was, & is, especially difficult when I hear of or see someone being neglectful or abusive to their child. For a long time I was unable to be on any site where people were pregnant or had little kids because it hurt so much. DH didn't want to adopt because, when we were younger, there were so many cases being shown on the news where the child was being ripped from its adoptive home to be given to a bio parent the child didn't even know. He didn't want to go through that. I understood, but it was still hard. We've discussed fostering, but that would be emotionally hard too, b/c we'd have to give the child back at some point. It's still hard, but you learn to live with it.
    Anonymous

• I would have been ok with it. I was not looking or hoping to be a mom. I am glad now that I am but if I had never had them than I would have been ok with it.
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 7:35 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I would adopt too.

Answer by older at 7:36 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I don't know. I might adopt if I could.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 7:38 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I was told I could not have children, a year before I had my DD. I cried when they told me this, it was because they said I had an infantile uterus. Which I am normal and that doctor had no idea what he was saying. I only have one child because I am the middle of five and saw my parents struggle.
    But I would have adopted if I could not have had my own child!
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 7:39 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I really like your question because I am in this boat now.  I have a 5 1/2 year old, but last November I was diagnosed with endometriosis and told that my chances of TTC ever again are slim to none.  I cried and cried and cried.  I won't adopt because it's hard enough raising one alone.  I'm barely making it financially.  I've tried to accept the fact that my 5 1/2 year old is the only one that I'll ever have.  I don't even care if I meet anyone because it will be unfair to him to be with him if he wants kids with me.

leomommy1325

Answer by leomommy1325 at 7:40 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• leomommy1325 - i just googled it because i have never heard of it. I am so sorry mama but you can always hope. Hugs
    iluvmykidsxoxo

Comment by iluvmykidsxoxo (original poster) at 7:50 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I would be heartbroken, yes. But there are so many children just waiting for someone to call Mommy and Daddy. I would adopt. In fact, I CAN have kids and I'd still like to adopt. When I see those "help the children" commercials, it never makes me want to send money...it always makes me want to adopt that child.
    I get so mad that adopting is so expensive... its like they're selling children.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 7:59 PM on Jan. 15, 2011