Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

5 Bumps

Any legal help/advice, or point me in the right direction for someone who is AWOL? adult content

Legal advice or point me in the direction of someone that will help a disabled, awol soldier?


Asked by Anonymous at 7:35 PM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Money & Work

This question is closed.
Answers (15)
  • Call Military One Source they are there 24/7. 


    Answer by musicmom08 at 7:45 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

  • A lawyer can't even save you, sorry. But I will contact one, it's in their best interest. He needs to contact his superiors ASAP so he doesn't get into any more trouble.

    Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 7:37 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

  • he needs to go to base asap, he will probably go to jail disabled or not.

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:37 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

  • At this point it's up to the military from where you stand you can't do much for him right now all that you can do is support him and keep in contact. If possible get his first sgt. information so that you can call and get updates about what's going on. It's going to be a very long process. Be supportive and keep your cool. The military is a hurry up and wait system and they are not going to do things the way that you think should be done. He's going to need someone positive because the easy part is waiting to be sent back to kentucky.

    Answer by kiraco at 8:14 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

  • it doesn't matter that the person is disabled, the military doesn't take going awol lightly. They should have just gotten a medical discharge if they are disabled. They are more than likely going to have to do some mandatory time in military prison.

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:38 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

  • yes, but medical discharge is a lot harder than you might think.

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:40 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

  • there are still channels that have to be gone thru. man up and face the music.

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:45 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

  • Please don't bother leaving me negative messages. I am asking for help. Not personal opinions or persecution. Thank you.

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:47 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

  • Disabled or not going AWOL is very bad and a lawyer will not help until they report back to duty. I suggest that this person report to any base at this point and tell the military police that they are surrendering from going AWOL. The sooner the better. I'm sure that the lawyers on base that represent the military member would assist after the member is returned to their respective station. If medical is an issue they will handle it. Just keep in mind the military spent alot of $ training this individual and they will not let their assest off the hook that easy, but if you want out they will help you out. A risk of confinement is high but medical assistance is provided until time served. Like i said the sooner they return the sooner you can put this behind you. (Speaking from military to military) Hope this helped.

    Answer by kiraco at 7:51 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

  • I don't want u be negative, but it is true, not even a lawyer can help. If he gets caught out and about or if they figure out where he is, he is screwed. He will probably face jail time :( I'm sorry I'm not much help, but I wanted to be honest. He needs to report back to his chain of command.

    Answer by amber1330 at 7:52 PM on Jan. 15, 2011