how can i help my daughter remember to wipe and flush?

My daughter is 3 yrs old and is very good at using the potty. However she doesn't wipe all the time when she pees or at all when she poops. She is aware that she needs to do it but she doesn't. I have tried everything that i could think like visual aids, demos, talking to her but i don't know what else to do. Any advise would be appreciated?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:40 PM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• repeat, repeat, repeat
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:45 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Be there with her. Talk to her about getting sore. Get her some fancy little wipes to use. Make a chart where she has to check off
    wiping - flushing - and washing hands.
    Reward her for having these all signed.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:50 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• yes, you have to remind them constantly..
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 8:03 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Keep rididerating it.
    Maybe put a little chart in front of her potty that says "Remember to wipe and Flush". If she can't read then read it to her and read it to her everyday. Have little pictures of characters doing these things on the chart, so that she can visually see it. It may help her to remind her with a poster on the wall.

You can even do a rewards system. Everytime she wipes and flushes she gets to put a sticker on the chart. When the chart is filled up at the end of the week she gets a treat.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:01 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Several things above are great, but you can also sing a song with her. Just find a song tune she knows, and add the words.
    Ms.Wendy83

Answer by Ms.Wendy83 at 12:57 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I used to help no matter what. It was easy because mine at 3 used to yell mommmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 8:03 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I have been amazed when my 3 year old has gone and jumped off without my being there!
    I'd say just be with her, walk her through it calmly and without frustration or judgment...and she'll get it eventually.
    boomamma

Answer by boomamma at 11:56 PM on Jan. 16, 2011