how old is too old to have sex with ur kid in the room?

I know some of u wouldnt at all but thts ur belief but plz dont bash. My DS is 18 mos and he shares a room w us and we have sex w him in there he never wakes up, if he does we stop. Do u think this is wrong, when would u consider a child to old?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:45 PM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• He is too old. And has been for some time. This might even be considered child abuse. This is unbelievable.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:47 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• in my house it'd be about 10 mos... certainly no more than like 13-15mos tops!

hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 7:47 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Is he in your bed or a crib/pack & play?

I would say too old. Can you let him sleep in another room and then go get him after?
    cassey.e

Answer by cassey.e at 8:17 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I never had sex with my DD in the room. But I would say at the same age you think he should have his own room.
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 7:47 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I don't even like the cat in the room .... *shudder* I think "child abuse" is a harsh term. I have a friend who travels over the road with her husband the entire summer long. 3 kids, 2 adults, 1 RV. And I know they don't abuse their kids but I know they have a very healthy sex life too. But they aren't rich, 90 nights of hotel rooms aren't an option. They're both school bus drivers all year so no work in the summer, they love kids and sex but not together, I am sure other people are the same way
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 7:49 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I honestly wouldn't after about 8 months maybe. I mean We didn't sooner than tha though. My oldest daughter went into her room at 2 weeks old only because she hated the bassinet and wouldn't sleep in i. So oviuasly at 2 weeks we weren't having sex yet, but then we moved in with my real dad when she was 4 months old so then we shared a room with her from 4-6 months then we moved again and we bought a house so she stopped sleeping with us at 6 months old. My youngest stopped sleeping with us at 3 months old. My sister however lives with her boyfriend and his parents they have a room for her son, but she wont put him in his own room yet she is afraid too she said. Her son will be 3 in July and I am sure they have sex with him in the room asleep since they share a room with him and there are others in the house. I perosnally think that is way to old
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:03 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I was single (my dd's father left us when I was pregnant) until my dd was 10 months, but me and my now fiance' never did it with her around, not even with her playing in another room, only when she is asleep in another room. TBH, I think it is gross to do it with a kid in the room. However, my fiance' grew up in The Philippines and he and his parents lived in one room (the person who owned the house just rented out all the rooms) and he has a sister 5 years younger then him so you do the math. I guess 2 would DEF be the cut off, anything before then, if you think it is wrong then it prob is
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 9:06 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• yeah at 18 months he's gonna wake up and wonder WTF you are doing... and 18 months is just to young to make sense what's going on there. SO yeah... 18 months is too old for you to be going at it next to him!!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:41 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I've never had sex with my kids in the room simply because we've never had to, when our first child was a baby and she was sleeping in our room we just had sex in another room (the living room, kitchen and upstairs hallway were popular). In my opinion I wouldn't have sex in a room with a baby past 1 year old.
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 9:51 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I consider 4-5 months too old, but that's my opinion. I guess if he's asleep and has no idea then have at it. Just as long as he's not watching you. Haha
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:59 PM on Jan. 15, 2011