Tylenol Recalled

http://thestir.cafemom.com/healthy_living/115057/new_tylenol_recall_what_you

Time to check your medicine cabinets AGAIN. This time the recall is for certain lots of Tylenol, Benadryl, Sinutab, and Sudafed products. Nice timing, right during cold and flu season.

They're recalling them because they were manufactured at a plant where they found "instances where equipment cleaning procedures were insufficient or that cleaning was not adequately documented." But it doesn't really matter, according to their press release. You don't even need to throw the products out.

"No action is required by consumers or health care providers and consumers can continue to use the product. These actions are not being undertaken on the basis of adverse events."

I don't know about you, but if they tell me that the drugs could have been subjected to equipment that wasn't properly cleaned, then my family and I aren't taking them. Sorry.

Here's a full list of the recalled products. There are many so if you have a big medicine cabinet, get a big garbage bag ready.

All these recalls are starting to get ridiculous. The Wall Street Journal has a running list of Johnson & Johnson's recalls that's long and makes me leery of buying ANY of their products. Is it really that hard to make medications we can trust?

Supposedly the recall is good news for future products.

"As previously announced, McNeil has been implementing a Comprehensive Action Plan at its U.S. manufacturing facilities to improve the quality systems at those sites. This product assessment is a key milestone in the implementation of that plan, and the actions being undertaken as a result of the assessment are part of McNeil’s ongoing commitment to ensure that all its products meet the high quality standards that consumers expect."

Figured I'll put this out there. Oh wait it's not a question so I better ask something. Did you know about this recall?

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 7:49 PM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Good thing I switched to using aleve a while ago!
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 7:51 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I guess we'll continue to use Target brand.
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 11:27 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Thanks for the heads up.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 7:54 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• thanks.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 8:19 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• How many times does this make now? Good thing we don't buy tylenol! We use the Target or Kroger brand of ibuprofen, alleve or tylenol, never the name brand.
    DSamuels

Answer by DSamuels at 9:31 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Tylonal has been recalled for MONTHS. Since like September of last year.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:55 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Thanks for posting this! All the more reason not to use these products! Geez!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:18 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Didn't they just have a a recall a few months ago? Seems to be happening toooo often!
    mimiwendy

Answer by mimiwendy at 10:24 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Ive been using Kroger brand since day one! I just dont like that Tylenol gets recalled all the time, I probably will never use it because it probably will get recalled again
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 10:28 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Thanks for the heads up, so I can share it with friends, but I stopped trusting Tylenol after they had several recalls in a row of Tylenol, Children's Tylenol, Motrin, etc. We use either generic acetaminophen or ibuprofen now. I understand that recalls happen occasionally and sometimes they're just a precaution, but they have had TOO MANY in my opinion, so I don't trust them--especially for products I might give my child if he's sick.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 10:29 PM on Jan. 15, 2011