Any moms here have their labor start as all day long agonizing back pain?

Just for the past two or so days I have had monster back pain....even sitting, even laying....tylenol doesnt touch it...

I am 36 weeks and a few days.

Just wondering if this could be a precursor to labor starting in a few days or a week or so....

I am about to go crazy with this pain...cant do anything without grunting and moaning....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:56 PM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Both of my labors started out like that.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:59 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Can you walk it off? If not, I think I'd be calling the Dr. My cousin was like that, & when she went to the Dr. she was already dialated to 8cm!! Luckily the Dr.'s office is right in the hospital's campus & they could rush her right in to deliver. Good luck mama! :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:09 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Oh my! Call a doctor asap. You're still pretty early. Good luck!
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 8:14 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• No walking, laying sitting, water, rubbing, heating pad. tylenol...you name it...it is there....

OUCH!!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:18 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• call your doctor for sure.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 8:22 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• yes my first...i actually just felt icky and sick and my back killed me.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 8:42 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• yes, my second child was a "back labor". i thought my back was breaking. pretty common and not much relieves it except birth.
    lillie70

Answer by lillie70 at 11:00 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• With back labor, you should still have some relief. When I had my son I had back labor and it was the same as contractions, the pain would come and go. You should call your dr. You never know, and at this point in your pregnancy, anything is possible.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 4:10 PM on Jan. 16, 2011