How do you boost your self esteem?

I want to feel like im doing the right thing not the wrong thing! why do people say the nastiest things and hurt you? when they don't even really know you? I wear my heart on my sleeve and i wish i didn't..............

Slooch

Asked by Slooch at 1:02 AM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• this might sound super corny but sometimes i read shape magazine and it always makes me feel better...they have great advice in there that goes beyond 'working out' and what not. don't know if that's the answer you're looking for but aslo since my daughter was born (5mths ago) I've cut out all the negative people in my life. it may leave me with a few less friends but i feel WAY better about myself and how i'm raising her (my fam lives across the country and i'm a single mom so EVERYONE was giving advice/criticism, wanted or unwanted lol).
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 1:55 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I wear my heart on my sleeve too but honestly you have to learn to ignore the bs. You need to beleive in yourself and love who you are. Its hard but as you get older you realise that.

To boost my self esteem I make sure that I get my hair done every six week and I get my eyebrows waxed and I feel like a million dollars. Thats something I have been doing for the last year. Before that it was not a priority. Good luck and add me as a friend if you want to. Take care xx
    Britmum72

Answer by Britmum72 at 9:12 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• WELL I THINK OF IT LIKE THIS NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO IN LIFE GOOD OR BAD PEOPLE R GOING TO TALK WHO CARES . NOW IF THEY TALK AND IT PAYS THE BILLS THAN WORRY TELL UR HAIR FALLS OUT BUT IF THERE TALKING AND ITS NOT DOING ANYTHING 4 YOU THAN THE HE-- WITH IT NOW IF A BOYFRIEND OR HUSBAND NOW WE HAVE A PROBLEM BECAUSE Y NEED TO TAKE A GOOD LOOK INSIDE CAUSE U PICK A PARTNER FOR LOVE AND IF THAT LOVE IS PAINFUL THAN ITS NOT LOVE IS IT I DON'T CARE WERE YOU WEAR YOUR HEART YOUR LOVE IS SUPPOSE TO PROTECT IT SO NOW ITS ALL UP TO YOU GOODLUCK YOU COULD ALSO TRY WEARING SHORT SLEEVES THAT MIGHT HELP LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    yaz21206

Answer by yaz21206 at 5:53 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• thank you ladies i know i can always look to you for support
    Slooch

Answer by Slooch at 9:20 PM on Nov. 13, 2008