Why do most people that cheat find it exciting and a rush?

I work with someone who has been cheating on her husband for years, with different men. Its a game to her. She doesnt care about anyone else involved or the consequences of this action. I know its none of my business, but she has MADE it that its right in my face. This am she thanked me for not spilling the beans at work about this new one. I just dont get it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:01 PM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• Because they are selfish people who only care for themselves.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 8:12 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• The rush for is not getting caught & controlling everything & everyone around her, like you said it is a game to her
    Marie_07

Answer by Marie_07 at 8:03 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I had a friend like that too. It was all about the thrill of getting away with something.
    Anonymous

• This guy she is with now, is my neighbor and my landlord. He used to be our boss. Not only did he get fired for sleeping with her, he also lost his wife and kids over it. His 15 yr old son wont come over anymore to see him and has started running away from his new home. So now she is back over here every saturday am for a little action in the am. I ran into them this am when I was leaving for work. Very awkward,,,lol thanks you guys, just needed to vent I guess....
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:26 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Because these people are usually not happy at home. I am sure there is something that her partner is not providing. I am sure that there is something in her heart and life that she is missing. She may never find out due to the way she is going about things, but the rush that she feels in the moment makes up for all those lonely times she probably feels, for that emptiness that goes on inside her. It´s hard to understand unless you feel it. There are a lot of factors that contribute to this behavior.. I was her once, and I almost lost my family, and there is a man that is willing to loose his family and everything in his life for me, and I kind of wish I felt for him, but it was nothing more than a moment thing for me.. it is unfortunate, but unless she gets a wake up call this cycle may never stop, and a wake up call for her would have to be something very extreme.
    Anonymous