ok i'm VERY nervous about the chances of havin a C-SEC and havin an epidural...can i have some opinions please? how many women had vaginal/natural/c sec/epidurals....the dr is concerned that my baby will be too big to go natural and vaginally and those were my intensions. HELP

cuteducky

Asked by cuteducky at 8:03 PM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Pregnancy

• vaginal/epidural I was induced twice tho. 2 nights in a row
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 8:04 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Your first priority above ALL else should be a healthy baby however they get here :)

I had an epidural and vaginal deliveries with both...my son was 7.5 lbs my dd was 8.5 lbs...

Listen to your Dr...voice your concerns and desires....then listen to your Dr...he has done this a million times and really only wants a good outcome for you and baby :) Good luck!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:06 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I had 2 c-sections with spinal anesthesia. All went well. Remember you still end up with a precious baby. GL!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:07 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Get a second opinion before you do a c section. I have a friend who pushed out 4 11 pound babies just fine on her own. Our bodies were made for this and sometimes intervention isn't as neccesary as we think.

I had 4 epidurals, every thing went just fine.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:07 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• how "numb" are u really during the epidural? that theory freaks me out...don't like not bein in control of myself and my own movements
    cuteducky

Comment by cuteducky (original poster) at 8:08 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I could still feel every time I needed to push but didn't feel the pain.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 8:08 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I have had both vaginal births w/ epidurals. (and induced both times) and both my babies were nearly 11lbs! & Both were healthy and had no complications during delivery. Voice your concerns,worries,desires, birthing plan etc.....afterall this is your body/health & baby. Doctors usually know best, but so do mom's. Maybe you could try to do a vaginal birth, and if it gets complicated or you can't push then do a c-section? I almost had a c-section w/ my first, because I would not dialate (epidural slows down the dialtion process) .. but i let the epi wear off and stuck thru the pain, and was determined to do it. w/e choice happens, u will do great. goodluck mama!
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 8:11 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I went into labor with intentions of having a natural birth. After 24 hours I gave in an got an epi. I ended up with a c-section. It wasn't what I had 'planned' and I admit I was disappointed about it for a while. the good news for you is you have time to prepare for the fact that it may not go exactly how you envisioned! Talk to your doctor about what you want and whether or not it is safe to attempt a natural delivery. They should be able to tell you all your risk in your situation. Just be prepared for anything when the delivery time comes.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:12 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• if it helps i had 2 section because i niver wet into labout and it really not that bad i was up and about within a few hours both times and home within 2 days
    feralkitten

Answer by feralkitten at 8:13 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I also have had two c-sec and I was nervous but everything went perfect and to be honest I really didnt even feel the epideral. I think I was more excited about my new baby. Also I kept up a converstion with the nurse in front of me to keep my mind from thinking of what was going to happen. It all takes about 20 minutes from start to finsish and you have the most special memory from it all. It is normal to be scared and just do your best to relax. Good luck hun and congrats on the most perfect present you will ever get.
    sunsetbeach81

Answer by sunsetbeach81 at 8:14 PM on Jan. 15, 2011