diaper rash....

my daughter is 17 months old and she has always got a small rash and cream usually fixes it... well this morning she had a small one and then tonight her butt was red and the front was and its kinda going down past her butt to her thighs... any suggestions on something that might work besides des until i can get her into the doctor or if its worse tommrow?

ravenbt

Asked by ravenbt at 8:12 PM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• This web site give great information on determining the type of rash and treating it: http://www.thenewparentsguide.com/diaper-rash.htm
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 8:26 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Boudreux's Butt Paste is amazing!
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 8:26 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Cornstarch and desetin the quick relief one always worked for my ds. I've also heard try airing her bottom out.
    jilligan362

Answer by jilligan362 at 8:32 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I just let my baby go nakie and it takes awhile and is more of a hassle, but it'll work
    NewMOM201019

Answer by NewMOM201019 at 8:35 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Boudreux is the best cream as far as that goes.....

Have you changed diapers?

Has she been on any antibiotics? This can cause a yeast infection and they are horrible horrible things!

She can even get yeast without antibiotics though....

Just mentioning a few things my kids have gone through...:) Hope she feels better soon!!!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:35 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I mean changed BRANDS of diapers by the way....lol....sounded like I ask if you had changed her diaper....lol...sorry
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:36 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• thank u everyone and my mother and law just told me about the anti and yeast infections and she thinks thats what it is bc she was just on some so thank u very much man
    ravenbt

Comment by ravenbt (original poster) at 4:45 PM on Jan. 16, 2011