Do you think there should be repercussions for sending harrassing PM's to people's inboxes?

I'm not talking about trying to work something out in private that upset you in a post. I'm talking about when they send you message after message calling you names because you don't parent like they do, or don't agree with their point of view. It happens to the best of us.
Everytime you report it they tell you just to block them. But didn't they used to take away the anon button for abusing it? They used to send warnings to the person. And if it continued they deleted the profile. Why don't they do this anymore? Am I missing something?

Musicmom80

Asked by Musicmom80 at 8:15 PM on Jan. 15, 2011 in About CafeMom

• I agree. I have had to report and block a couple people. Very trashy with foul mouths, and both times were over something petty.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 8:25 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• They should remove the person from the site.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 8:18 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I agree something should happen.
    I had someone Send a very nasty PM just because in old question I said felons shouldn't be allowed to vote. She sent me the nasty message I ever read. Called me every name in the book. Called me a bad mom and more things it was a very long PM. She was mad I said it because I guess her husband was felon. or ex felon I don't know. I blocked her but she stalked me for a while.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 8:18 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I think that they should delete the profile if a person keeps doing that. It isn't fair.
    iowaworkingmom

Answer by iowaworkingmom at 8:16 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I am with you...If they have been reported, CM should uphold the policy that they started about harassment. We shouldn't have to block someone.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:17 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I didn't know they changed it.
    mommytoJames512

Answer by mommytoJames512 at 8:17 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Why am I suspecting if you report that anon up there they'll see the same name that was pm'ing you?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:31 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• They're moderating a lot less in general. There was one question last weekend where they actually posted the "we're watching this question" statement in there twice on the same day, all in response to one person who was going off over an over again. One thing I did notice, though, a certain account disappeared in the past few days and a lot of the nastiest of anon posts seems to have disappeared at the same time. It may be they're still investigating, just much slower.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:35 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I think you should block them.

Harassing is just wrong.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 8:56 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I don't think taking away anon was ever attached to pm, only harassment via answers using anon. Everything else they used to warn, suspend, and eventually ban. Then again, it seems like the horrible pm wars used to start in journals more than answers, because people would delete the replies they didn't like.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:24 PM on Jan. 15, 2011