WHAT SHOULD I DO?

Sometimes my boyfriend makes comments that make it seem like my pregnancy in INVALID. lol he'll say "you're only a little bit pregnant" or "you're ONLY 4 weeks pregnant" as if my pregnancy doesn't mean anything. ugh it pisses me off becuase I've had 2 miscarriages in the last 3 years, and to finally be pregnant again, I'm super excited and to me this pregnancy feels VERY SIGNIFICANT!!!

Also, he tells me that Prenatal care isn't that important and that I should just be like the ladies of the olden days who never went to the dr. for a pregnancy. Idk. I'm extremely upset, and I'm sorry for venting. :/

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:34 PM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I would tell him that if he can't say anything supportive, not to say anything at all, and then just carry about your business. I know you know this, but EVERY pregnancy is significant, and it's sad that he can't see that. I'd also tell him that if he doesn't want to accompany you to your doctor visits, that's his prerogative. He'll miss out on quite a few special moments, and it will be all his fault.

Don't let him bring you down, mama. Do you have someone else that could go with you to appointments/be there to be happy with you/listen to you?

He's going to need to grow up pretty darn fast. Is this his first child?
    JessiFaye

Answer by JessiFaye at 8:36 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Maybe he's acting like that because of the previous miscarriages. He could be nervous about that happening again so doubting it is his way to coupe until you are farther along!
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 8:36 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Tell him how his comments upset you and ask him to stop.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 8:36 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• you're prego, you're allowed to vent lol (= first and foremost, CONGRATS!!!!! 2nd, I'm sure he doesn't understand, or can't fathom what it's like to go through a miscarriage,....besides men are boys at heart, sometimes, or most of the time, they don't think before they speak. I would let him know it upsets you, and he should take into consideration your feelings, 3rd, prenatal care is extremely important, i'm sure he doesn't understand how important it is, next time you go to the doc, make him go with you, and ask the doc how important prenatal care is in first trimester (= that should work lol! GOODLUCK!
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 8:37 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Prenatal care is EXTREMELY important. Tell him to go to your appointment with you and ask the OB WHY it's important! But he's not the first guy I've heard of saying this.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 8:37 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• DO NOT appologize for venting it can be very hard to be pregnant, especially if the dad isnt supportive and I'm very sorry for your miscarriages. If I were you I'd just ignore him or try to talk to him and tell him how you feel. If I had to guess hes just having trouble accepting his gonna be a daddy for real. And DO NOT listen to him about the prenatal appointments, they are VERY immportant. He just doesn't want to have to see another man touching you, but just doesn't want to admit it (because hes a guy lol). So in conclusion just talk to him and tell him how you feel, and DON'T take no for an answer, because he should be there for you now more than ever.

I hope this helps : )
    NewMOM201019

Answer by NewMOM201019 at 8:46 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• it is his first Child and first pregnancy. I was with someone else for the other pregnancies.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:49 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• and, no I don't have anyone to go with me to my appt because I just recently moved here from orlando and he's the only person i know here sofar.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:51 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Let him know how insensitive he is being!
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 9:33 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• prenatal care is important and well dont pay no mind to what he says.
    abdie2005

Answer by abdie2005 at 12:14 AM on Jan. 16, 2011