Do you care if your SO/DH watches porn? adult content

I go back and forth on this- while I understand masturbating (and even do it myself) I don't understand or feel comfortable with him looking and getting off to other women. I don't masturbate to other men. But then some people say it's just insecure when you care. What do you all think? (btw, this comes up b/c my SO and I were casually talking about porn, after reading another question, and he said he does only once every couple months--and it made my stomach hurt :/ )

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:55 PM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• In reality porn is nothing more then a fantasy to help enhance the moment. No, it does not take place of their real partner, nor does it make their real partner any less desirable. However, I still do find that it's not okay if they're choosing that over their real partner. If it's occassional, then fine .. Everyone needs their moment by themselvse, but if it's replacing sex with their partner then it's an issue.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:46 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Here's the thing, if it bothers you then it is a problem. No one should attack you or ridicule you for feeling that way. Bottom line is, something in your gut does upset you about it and hopefully the one you love puts your love ABOVE his love for watching porn occasionally. I get bothered by it too.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 9:01 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• They aren't really caring who the woman is, it's the act of sex all around that gets them turned on. Men are really visual. But I would never tell someone to get over it. If it doesn't work for you in your marriage then it's not okay. Everyone is different. Believe it or not, my hubby isn't even comfortable with porn which is a huge difference from my ex who was obsessed and it was just gross. So I think it really depends on th relationship.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:02 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• "Men can't stay committed they have to either their thrill by seeing and fantasying about other women or they'll go live those fantasies."

I think it's truly sad that you have that low an opinion of men. My man is committed to me 100%, and I know many men who are the same way.

Answer by missanc at 9:19 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• No I don't care, my hubby satisfies me - he has never neglected me or made me feel like he'd rather be watching porn. Now if at some point he chose to watch porn over being with me we'd have a problem.
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 9:26 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Yes. I find it disrespectful. If he wanted to get off looking at other women then he should have never committed to me.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 8:56 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• No. He's an adult. He can watch whatever he wants.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 9:01 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• no not at all. i watch porn and my hubby watches it. sometimes together and sometimes by ourselves. we are both adults and we do as we choose. when i want sex and my SO doesnt feel up to it he tells me to go look at some porn. to us its not a big deal there are alot worst things to worry about.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 9:05 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I watch it and he watches it with me.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:57 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• He doesn't watch porn, but i wouldn't care if he did. I don't sweat the small things.
    Aquarius80

Answer by Aquarius80 at 8:57 PM on Jan. 15, 2011