need to vent

sorry I am just really agrivated right now cause my sister, her boyfriend, and my nephew and also one otehr friend were supose to come over for dinner tonight. The friend is DH's and sisters boyfriends friend. I had DH buy stuff to make rigatoni for dinner. We bought ranch dressing, 3 bags of salad, 2 boxes of texas toast, and 4 boxes of rigatoni noodles and I had the sauce already. Well, I made all of this and they call tell us they are going to be a little late so we went ahead waited a half hour then ate cause we didn't know when they were coming that was at 6 DH calls them at 7 to see where they are at and they aren't coming cause it is to late now so of course I was ticked since I made all that food. Now it looks like we are having left overs for dinner tomorrow. Shoot will probably be eatimg it for a week. I said I am not making food again since they did that to me. They always buy food and cook it over here so I thought we would return the favor and they don't come after I cooked

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:05 PM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• Well, if she had made other plans, she should have said so. I would be mad too making all that food and nobody to eat it. I'd think twice before doing it again.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:22 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• id be ticked off too. That isnt very nice of them they could of called u and told u they thought it was to late and said thnx i know u made dinner and maybe we can come over for lunch tomrrow and have some or something.
    Cherriemama831

Answer by Cherriemama831 at 9:08 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• i would be mad too. what they did was very rude.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 9:11 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Dont let it get you down. Yes it was rude but they probably didnt know about all the stuff you bought and cooked.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 9:11 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I called my sister this morning and asked her if she wanted to come over and I told her what I was going to buy so she new what I was cooking. The thing is I think it is cause her boyfriend got money. He sold his van for 500.00 so that is why he said they were going to be late then they never told us they weren't coming at all.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:15 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Things happen. Don't take it personally. You can freeze the food. It's all good.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:20 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Wow! I'd be livid. ......
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 9:32 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I'd be mad too, I'd be expecting at least an apology from every single one of them. It's not very difficult to pick up a phone and take 5 minutes to let you know they aren't coming.
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 9:44 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I understand how you feel. My DH and I had invited friends over. We made baked potatoes, steaks, hot dogs, all sorts of good food. Our friends kept texting me that they were on their way, and they would be there shortly. Almost 2 hours later, they showed up. The food was cold, we let our kids eat. I was not happy.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 9:51 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I'd be pissed, too. We invited people from hubby's work for a BBQ once. They were all late, but the family that was going to come decided to not show at all. And didn't bother to call, one of the guys told us.
    We spent about $100 on food. I was pissed. Sure, you can't do anything about it, but that doesn't make it cool. And that doesn't keep you from getting ticked.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 11:13 PM on Jan. 15, 2011