Water

How do you get down all the water you should during a day?! I am so exhausted with just dealing with daily stresses that I feel like I have to drink caffeine to just survive (though I know water would probably do me way more good with energy and just feeling better overall!). I don't do artificial sweeteners, so I don't add any fake things to my water. Any other thoughts? TIA!

TarraJoy

Asked by TarraJoy at 9:07 PM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• i drink it out of a bottle with a little ice it keeps me on track add a little lemon and mango it works out fine.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:11 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I only drink water...maybe drink juice a total of five times through out the month. I don't drink caffeine at all and I've found the best way for me to drink it is ice cold. I've got my ice maker working double time. lol I always keep a glass next to me
    Dayija

Answer by Dayija at 9:13 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• have you tried getting a bottle for yourself and then drinking from it, have it on sight and reach so you can get it when you see it.
    sodapple

Answer by sodapple at 9:17 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Honestly..I don't drink enough.
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 9:25 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I find that when I drink enough water, Im often more energized than when I drink anything else. Maybe just try drinking a glass in between each cup of coffee or soda.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 9:27 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• You're just going to have to stop with the caffeine all day. Just quit it, like ripping off a band-aid. You may feel crappy for a few days, but just do it.
    I allow myself coffee in the mornings, and occasionally 1 cup in the afternoon, but that's it on the caffeine for me. Water the rest of the day. I used to drink much more caffeine throughout the day.
    So if you like your coffee, have some in the morning and just don't keep making or buying it. Willpower, my friend. If you know you need to stop, and you want to stop, then just grab the bull by the horns.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:34 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Like everyone saying just quit the caffieen and trying getting ur self a stainless water bottle filling it up and takeing it with u so that way u see it u want it , and just like any thing itll beome a habbit
    Cherriemama831

Answer by Cherriemama831 at 9:41 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• this is getting better! My issue with water is my job I drive and often access to a bathroom is limited. I take a 20oz bottle with me and try to drink 2 for the work day then 1 when I am at home. So thats 60oz a little less than required but its a start. i do like water just get tired of chugging it all day or simply forget when I am busy. I do feel better though! i think its about just making it a habit which takes time. You can even flavor it with lemon...i haven't yet but may later on.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 9:43 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Except for my morning cup of coffee all I drink is water, many times I put lemon juice in there
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 9:49 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I only drink water, milk, or juice, mostly water though. I've learned to pretty much drink all day long and even when I feel hungry to drink at least a full 8 ounce glass of water before I eat anything. That way I don't over eat and I never feel very hungry. I've found that sometimes when you think you're hungry you're actually thirsty. If you need a boost of energy, are you taking any B vitamins? They help a lot.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 10:03 PM on Jan. 15, 2011