This is creepy

Apparently there's someone running around near here impersonating a police officer. They've had 4 reports so far, and they're spread out all over the county. (it's irritating the news isn't specifying what type of officer he was impersonating - city/county/state). It's not the first time, either - I remember there was another one not that long ago, over the summer maybe? Is this really common and just doesn't make national news or do we just have an abundance of wanna be cops around here?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 9:13 PM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Wow I would be scared out of mind and not trust any cop. A few years back someone put a police light and siren in their car and would pull people over and either beat and rob them or if it was a female rape her. They put out a thing saying if a cop was behind you call the dispatch to see if it was a real cop. I guess they caught the guy pretty fast after that becuase he try to pull over an unmarked police car.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:21 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Oh geez...bump
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 9:23 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I remembet years ago watching a show because there were a string of these...

They were saying if your on an isolated road and your being pulled over and are scared...to put your blinkers on, slow down but keep driving to a lit public area (like a WAWA or 7-11 parking lot)....or as your driving call 911 an your cell to see if it was a real cop.

I don't know how often it happens but it is creepy as hell,,,,,

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:24 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• That scares me. It has happened in my area too.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 9:26 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• If you stop for them demand a badge before you open your window
    SolaraDarkset

Answer by SolaraDarkset at 9:29 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• where is HERE?
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 9:29 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Very scary!

bump

brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 9:30 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• It has happened in my area a lot. They would pull a woman over and do horrible things to her. Now in my area if you're being pulled over and not sure if it's a real cop they tell you to call 911 b4 pulling over to make sure you're really being pulled over....
    sara_3388

Answer by sara_3388 at 9:33 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• They were saying if your on an isolated road and your being pulled over and are scared...to put your blinkers on, slow down but keep driving to a lit public area (like a WAWA or 7-11 parking lot)....or as your driving call 911 an your cell to see if it was a real cop.

That is my professional advice. A rarity. I agree with sweet.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:35 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• where is HERE?

IN/MI border
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 9:37 PM on Jan. 15, 2011