Anyone taken celexa during pregnancy? Outcome?

Dlc29

Asked by Dlc29 at 9:17 PM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I was on Celexa but I was switched to Zoloft when I became pregnant. Not sure why cause my dr said they were both safe to take but she wanted to switch me.
    Dayija

Answer by Dayija at 9:20 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• And everything turned out well?
    Dlc29

Comment by Dlc29 (original poster) at 9:26 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I'm 20 weeks right now...
    Dayija

Answer by Dayija at 9:29 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• i was ib cymbalta and switched back to celexa because its been around longer and had been tested as an "ok" drug to be on.. they say getting off meds will and can cause MORE stress to being pregnant and baby than being without - pregnancy was great besides 6 months of all day sickness... he had colic ( which I also had so it could have been in the genes) pooping issues ( found out at 12 months he was lactose intolerant ) otherwise totally healthy
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 9:33 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• i was on it till 11 weeks. my dd was born with sleep apena and asthma(which i have) the sleep apena hasnt been a issue since she was 10 months
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 9:35 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Thanks for the comments! Just found out I was pregnant and doctors appt isn't for another week. I was also on trazodone which I have almost weaned all the way off of, because I don't believe it's safe???
    Dlc29

Comment by Dlc29 (original poster) at 9:50 PM on Jan. 15, 2011