Does anyone know ....

I want to know if anyone has any info on giving splenda to children. I think that artificial sweeteners are horrible but I give my son lollypops and I am concerned about the sugar. I found some sugar free (sweetened with Splanda) at a health food store but I am not sure how safe splend is for kids.

jen2774161

Asked by jen2774161 at 9:41 PM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Health

• I really try to avoid giving my kids any artificial sweeteners (or excess sugar for that matter). If you're talking about an occasional lollipop with splenda, it's probably fine. If it's an everyday thing...then you probably need to be trying to figure out how to nix the daily lollipop habit, lol.
    A little splenda now and then won't matter, I would think.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:46 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Try & look it up
    Marie_07

Answer by Marie_07 at 9:45 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I have no idea about any studies that have been done. I have been giving my kids Splenda for years. I make a gallon of kool-aid a week, made with splenda.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 9:45 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• i agree i know spenda is suppose to be a natural artifcial sweetner but i still dont care for artificial sweetners. and personally i think it still tastes like sweet and low or equal. but as far as how safe it is well i havent heard of anything bad about it... yet...
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 9:45 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I would think in small amounts like that they are probably fine. Splenda hasn't been out long enough to truly know it's long term side effects and risks.....I personally use it in my coffee everyday as a diabetic, i've tried the true natural sweeteners, truvia and a few others and I hated their after taste.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 9:47 PM on Jan. 15, 2011