Activities for car trips?

What are some activities or games you can play on long car trips with young kids--3, 6, 8 and 11?

ChezBelle

Asked by ChezBelle at 9:58 PM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Travel

• DVDs, leapsters, playstations, magnadoodles, plate bingo, books. They even have some travel games in the games section that could be some good ideas for you.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 10:01 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• License plate bingo, I spy, well they make books for car trips with this kind of info in them. I saw some at Barnes and Noble today. I know my local library has some in it also. We usually just play music, sing, talk, or sleep.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 10:01 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• portable dvd players will entertain best in my opinion
    hellokitty1978

Answer by hellokitty1978 at 10:08 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• We play the alphabet game, where you start with the letter A and have to continue through the whole alphabet, I also make a list of words the kids should see on the trip and they have to find them. A few years ago, I got cookie sheets and magents so the kids could play on the cookie sheet, it was also great when they were coloring so they didn't lose any crayons. Books to read or look at. DVD players are also good and we usually have music on at some point.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 10:30 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Coloring and sticker books, Rubber Necker card game for trips, travel books from Rand McNally, new DVD's, travel games in lunch boxes
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 5:53 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Definitely DVD player and my little guy also has a MobiGo that he takes along toplay his games and he loves it! It keeps him occupied, and we don't hear "are we there yet?" lol
    Hickette71

Answer by Hickette71 at 3:04 PM on Jan. 17, 2011