Do you believe in second chances? Not just second chances in general, but do you believe that even, you deserve a second chance even if you messed up super bad?

For the longest time I've made myself believe that I messed up...it was irreversible and that I deserved to feel so broken down.

I fell in love, but I was way too young and not ready for it. I let him go and now he's miles and miles away and we are both pretty messed up over the whole situation...we have a lot of healing to do. For so long he was so angry with me over everything that he wouldn't even talk to me and we both made some huge mistakes and I thought I was the only one hurting but when we finally started talking again it was evident that we were both hurt, both missing each other and after even more time we realized we both still felt for each other.

Things have gotten to the point where we have decided that we need time to grow up, be on our own for a while and that in x amount of time we will get back together but I've found that I'm paranoid about it all...some days I still feel like I'm not deserving of a second chance and other days I feel like I am but I get scared that something will happen and my day to be with him again will never come.

Do you believe in second chances? in regards to yourself...if you mess up, do you feel the way I do or do you think you are just as worthy of a second chance as anyone else?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:59 PM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• Most definately, we are always learning.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 10:00 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Everyone deserves a second chance...I say go with your gut instinct, life is tooo short!! ;)
    chloe7777

Answer by chloe7777 at 10:15 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• In your case a second chance is definetely worth getting, personally I believe a second chance is deserved based on several things. The level of the mistake and the willingness to fix that mistake are major parts into deciding if a person deserves another chance. Right now I have no mistakes in my life that I feel I want a second chance to make right.
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 10:16 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• It really would depend on the situation but I would probably give a second chance. But if that 2nd chance was blown I'd be outta there.I'd learn my lesson and move on. No 3rd chances!
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 10:23 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• well yes i do believe the both of you deserve a 2nd chance cause you can learn from your mistakes & move forward if you both are meant to be it will be just take it slow just be patience & have alot faith goodluck mama
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 10:57 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Of Course, i believe in second chances:) we are only human- i think the best life lessons come from Messing-Up; so you don't make the same mistake the Second Time around! Wishing you lots of luck-

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 11:25 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I say yes.
    LADYA1983

Answer by LADYA1983 at 11:39 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I have majorly screwed up in my marriage, so has my husband, and we are now currently trying to work through it in counseling. I have learned through this whole process that 2nd chances are definately an option and in addition to his forgiving you, you personally have to forgive yourself and accept that you are only human and you made a mistake before you can really give 100% effort into the next chapter of your story together. He also needs to do the same thing so that you can really have a "clean slate". I'm not saying you need to completely forget but just completely forgive yourselves and each other. Good Luck!!
    mommafugate

Answer by mommafugate at 9:53 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Yes, i believe in second chances, if the person is truly sorry for what they've done. My DH & i started off on the wrong foot in our marriage, we both done some stupid things and even tho it's hard, we stuck it out together, and we forgiven each other.
    Sonya375

Answer by Sonya375 at 10:05 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Yes I do
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 3:53 PM on Jan. 16, 2011