Hiccup remedies?

Do you have any tried and true remedies for someone having the hiccups?

ChezBelle

Asked by ChezBelle at 10:03 PM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Health

• Have someone scare you
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:06 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• yup, the scaring one works awesome whenever my daughter has the hiccups :)
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 10:07 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Drink a glass of water and hold your breath works for me. Eating a spoon of peanut butter works for my daughter.
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 10:07 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Take a glass of water, if someone is with you they can hold the glass for you while you drink. Put a straw in the water and raise your arms all the way above your head and sip from the straw. If your alone put the glass on a table and sit in front of it and do the arm thing. I learned this in 3rd grade and it has never failed me. Looks funny, but it works everytime
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 10:08 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• It sounds crazy but the only thing that works for me is using a bottle of water and bending over and drinking the water upside down.
    jen2774161

Answer by jen2774161 at 10:11 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Absolutely, and it works every time.....Hold your breath and drink 10 gulps (not huge, but not sips either) of liquid - preferably NOT a carbonated beverage or else it'll hurt. Do not take a breath in between any of the 10 gulps. Works instantly :o)

banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 10:29 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• My hubs reaches his finger to the back of his throat and gags himself (not enough to puke). For him, it works every single time. I've tried, but I think I wuss out and don't go far enough, because it doesn't work for me as well. But basically, your diaphragm is spazzing out, and gagging yourself is kinda like giving it a little smack.
    Airamana

Answer by Airamana at 10:32 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Lean forward and drink water from the back side of the glass. Never fails.
    MICHELLE_45

Answer by MICHELLE_45 at 10:37 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• No. I get 'em all the time, sometimes they are almost violent and painful. I'll be cruising the answers here to find new tricks to try ...
    JZ10FPM

Answer by JZ10FPM at 12:27 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• STOP BREATHING AT INTERVALS, SCARE, 3 DRINGS O WATER PUSH YOUR STOMACH AT THE TOP CAREFULLY LUCK
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 4:54 PM on Jan. 19, 2011