Keeps removing her diaper and crying?

My DD who just turned 2 has started removing her pants and diaper incessantly. She's in the early stages of potty training but I don't think this is related, because when she does it she cries a lot. Last night she was up 5-6 times throughout the night, crying, each time with her diaper and pants discarded on the floor. Sometimes the diaper was wet, sometimes it was still clean.

My aunt suggested it could be pinworms, but I haven't had any luck finding eggs, worms, or any symptoms at all. There is also no rash or anything to indicate she's irritated down there.

Thoughts? :-/

aliceryannesmom

Asked by aliceryannesmom at 10:08 PM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Have you switched brands recently or has the brand you use changed anything? Also, she could just be done with wearing diapers and you could try putting her in panties or training pants to see what she does. If you think something is wrong healthwise it could be worth a trip to her ped.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 10:13 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Does her skin look dry at all?? I agree w/ rhianna if you don't see anything that stands out to you I'd make an apt this week. Good luck
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 10:18 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• That's actually a good thought...I should pay more attention to which brand I'm using and see if something like that is bugging her. We have been kind of back and forth between two brands lately.
    aliceryannesmom

Comment by aliceryannesmom (original poster) at 10:21 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I say call the doctor. I'm thinking that it could be a bladder infection.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 10:43 PM on Jan. 15, 2011