If you get REALLY constipated in pregnancy, is that dangerous to the baby? adult content

Sorry I know TMI (hence the little warning sign) but I've been pretty constipated throughout this pregnancy. I've been "going" every few days, however, but it's been like hard little pebbles. I've been eating lots of fiber & drinking my water but I still am constipated.
Anyway today it hit me like a ton of bricks, about 9am I went into the bathroom to do my thing, and it turned into a 6 hour emergency ordeal. I was making sure, as I always do, not to "strain", but I'm 35 weeks pregnant today and the simple weight of my belly has given me hemmoroids, :( and when I sit on the potty it makes it hurt. BAD. So there I sat (so broken hearted... :D you know the rest) and NOTHING was happening so I got up, but then as soon as I got up my 'roids had swollen so that I felt like I had to go poop right then and there, so I sat again and was in pain, got up and felt like I had to go immediately... it was a vicious cycle.
All this time my 2 1/2 yr old DD is coming in asking for chocolate milk, asking me to read her books, asking me to help her brush her teeth, all the while I'm too sick to move. :( After an hour I asked her to bring me the phone so I could call someone to come help me if anything, to play with her so I could take care of myself. She went out and brought me a bag of rubber bands. I still have no idea where she got them. Then she got upset b/c she couldn't find the phone when I asked her about the phone again, so I had to get up & hobble out to find the phone to call my dad, because I absolutely was in no condition to care for my daughter. It was MISERABLE.
My dad got to my house about 2 hrs later (we live an hour away and he stopped by the store for me) and I was still miserable, and by then had drank a dose of Miralax and tried a suppository with no luck. He had brought me an enema that I was NOT looking forward to using it.
I went and tried one more time and I finally got the monster out of me, and it was suprisingly huge. Sorry I know TMI again, but I would say like a large cucumber, about 2-3" diameter and about 7" long. I was SHOCKED.
If something that size was occupying the space in my belly along with baby #2, are there any dangers I should be worried about with this? Right after it happened she jumped around in my belly a few seconds like "YAAAAY!" I've felt her kick a few times here & there tonight & I've had no contractions, so I think everything's fine but I'm just worried maybe it squished her umbilical cord partially closed or something... but then again maybe I'm over-worrying.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:14 PM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I honestly wouldn't worry about this bout of constipation or the effect it had on your little one...seems like if she's kicking around, things are just fine.

To combat future issues of consipation, invesigate taking Magnesium supplements.
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 10:35 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• no actually constipation is pretty normal durin pregnancy
    abdie2005

Answer by abdie2005 at 12:10 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• You should ask your dr about stool softeners
    Candie2008

Answer by Candie2008 at 12:24 AM on Jan. 16, 2011